26 Oct Resources to Help Your Pet Adapt to a New City After a Move
By: Jessica Brody, OurBestFriends.pet
Moving homes is a great way to give both you and your pet a fresh start. However, transitioning to a new place isn’t always easy, especially when you have a furry friend in tow. Don’t worry: The below resource guide has some tips and tools to make it easier.
Make Your New Home as Pet-Friendly as Possible
Take these steps to accommodate your furry friends’ needs.
- When you’re house-hunting, consider your pet. For example, you want to make sure the home is big enough and has a pet-friendly floor plan.
- Once you’re moved in, add personal touches to make the house pet-friendly, like avoiding furniture with white or light-colored upholstery.
- Look up local home renovation experts to help with pet-friendly changes, like adding a fence to the backyard.
- Buy pet products for your new place online, reading reviews from consumers for honest opinions.
Take Steps to Keep Your Pet Happy and Healthy In Your New Town
Here are some resources to help maintain your pet’s well-being.
- Find veterinarians and other pet health specialists in your area via a zip code search.
- Look up groomers in your new neighborhood using an online database.
- Locate other essential pet services in your area, like dog walkers and pet taxis.
- For the best pet insurance in California, check out this roundup.
Connect with Pet-Friendly Businesses and Service Providers
Do your research to connect with the community.
- Look up dog-friendly restaurants if you have a pup, like these LA eateries.
- Check out local businesses like Top Dog Barkery in Huntington Beach.
- Try this dog park finder app to find dog parks in your neighborhood.
- Use apps to find neighbors who also have pets and can point you to pet-friendly businesses.
Moving is super exciting for both pet owners and pets. However, it can also be stressful. Taking these steps to ensure your pet’s comfort will benefit both of you in the big picture.