22 Jun Tips to Choose the Best, Healthy Dog Food!
- Check the pet food label for a nutritional adequacy statement like “This food is complete and balanced for all life stages.” Puppies have different needs than senior or adult dogs, so choose your dog food accordingly unless it specifies that it is good for “All life stages”.
- Genetics, age, life style and reproductive status all play a role in how much dog food your dog should eat. Ask your veterinarian to perform a body condition evaluation for your dog and make sure you know the basics too.
- Even dogs on “raw” diets need to have that balanced with other nutrients, so be aware and keep it as balanced as possible.
- Changing your dog’s main protein occasionally is OK to do.
- Any reputable company with a quality product will be happy to engage with its consumers. Treats are great for dogs and fun to give — but they should never be meal replacements!
Grain Free dog foods are well received by most dogs and do not contain filler carbs like rice or wheat.
TOP DOG carries the best dog food in grain free, freeze dried and weight management brands. Remember — treats are great for dogs and fun to give — but they should never be meal replacements!
Top Dog Barkery * Bath * Boutique, 714-960-3647 http://topdogbarkery.net/dog-bakery/