14 Dec Holiday Food Guide for Pet Owners
Everybody has the one family member who, without fail, will feed the dog table food. But not all holiday food is meant for consumption by dogs (or cats for that matter).
Below is a list comprised of opinions from PETA, PetsBest, and PetMD on what foods are safe for your pet this holiday season:
- Most fruits & vegetables
- Unsweetened cranberries (or small amounts of cranberry sauce)
- Green veggies
- Potatoes (Sweet, baked, etc. with no additives)
- Most meats without fat, skin, or bone
- Macaroni noodles
- Anything that contains onion or garlic
- Certain mashed potato recipes
- Macadamia nuts
- Caffeinated foods
Did you know that TOP DOG makes their very own dog-friendly deserts? Including birthday cakes, cookies, and even WOOFLES? Come check out our shop for more pet-friendly snacks for the holiday season!
Article excerpted from Aaron Moody of News Observer: http://www.newsobserver.com/living/pets/article186147403.html